zondag 6 maart 2011

Back to sportclimbing buisness!


In total I’ve climbed only two days and a half in Red Rock. It is just great. Coming from the desert right into another desert with more shape is a nice switch. I just love how quiet it is here. I already said it after climbing in Krohntal, Vogezen or Annot but I love climbing on sandstone like this. I like the small crimps and the nice ledges! The moves in those kinds of routes have so much variety.

Today I had an awesome climbing day. It has been a long time ago. I climbed like I did long time ago. Not too much stress, just chilling and going A Muerte!
I did ‘Monster Skank’ 8a second go and then I did ‘Sunsplash’ 8a/+ on sight! If this last one is 8a+, what the locals say, I did my first 8a+ on sight! It was just a great feeling. The end of the day and I was still so motivated, I just wanted to work out the moves for tomorrow but I climbed that thing! I needed to fight for it what gives me a really satisfying feeling. Thanks to the Colorado boys Tom and Mike for the good encouragements and vibes! Read their blog!

I just love this style so much. The rock is soft for the skin, lots of crimps and slopey rails. The style is defiantly really technical. It's all about good body position and good footwork. This area is really highly recommended!


Because 8a+ is the hardest thing here in Red Rock I’m planning to do some trad climbing in a week. It really motivates me; I already found a nice roof trad climbing project I want to try!






5 comments:

Seeeeeiiiiiiibbbbbbbeeeeee! YA

8a+ à vue! SUPER!!

Herman

Haha, the Belgian Sensation!!
Enjoy!!

Hey Siebe,
Fantastisch gewoon, wat een ervaringen die je op doet. Niet alleen klimervaringen maar zo veel meer ... dit leer je nooit in boeken. Geniet ervan, ervaar, groei... Bewonderenswaardig! Ben steeds weer blij iets van je te lezen. Groetjes Greetje

Laatste foto is geweldig! ;)
groetjes Noémie

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More