zaterdag 7 april 2012

From Piedras Paradas to the mountains!

The Petzl bolting trip ended with over 100 new routes in all different styles. Thanks to petzl and all the nice people of the bolting trip there will be a nice new sportclimbing area in Argentina. In total there are over 200 routes to climb. The last week Sean arrived too. Whithout hesitating we gave him a drill and the last bolts Petzl had to open a new multi-pitch line. Sean, Maty, Aymerik and I choose a line in beautifull white and surprisingly solid rock to climb and open ground-up with the drill. This resulted in a couple of days hard work and scary climbing. Especially Sean worked hard until the last day to realize this new hard multi-pitch of 6 pitches. It's still an open project right now and it will be waiting for strong climbers in November.

We returned the third of april to Bariloche when the bolting trip was over. Last three days Sean, Marcus (the Brazilian with an amazing history), Maty and I climbed in a little but amazing sport climbing area near Bariloche. Those three days resulted in good training but showed me that I'm really tired and need some rest and variation!

Bariloche is amazing, the climbing community is great. I'm only a little over a month here in Argentina and I know already so many great people! My spanish is getting better to and I'll never regret the spanish classes I took before I came here. In Bariloche I'm staying in the house of Maty and Cintia (Hormiga), two great people I want to thank for there help and the place to stay.

Tomorrow Marcus, Sean and I are going for one week up to Frey, a granite tradclimbing area 3 hours hiking from Bariloche in to the mountains. I'm so excited to place some gear again and be in the mountains!

Enjoy the pictures of Piedras Paradas taken by Guillaume Vallot, Petzl Photographer.










3 comments:

Siebe! Prachtige foto's, enjoy Frey!x

Super shoon!
Geniet ervan!

Emilio

Sjieke dingen Siebe!!! Geweldig man.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More